Hubblecast 30: The Hubble Space Telescope - Rebirth of an icon.
Subscribe to Science & Reason:
After more than three months of calibration and testing, the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope is re-opening its rejuvenated eyes to begin probing the Universe once again. Dr. J reveals the stunning new images and the fascinating science behind them.
• ESA/Hubble (M. Kornmesser, Colleen Sharkey & Lars Lindberg Christensen)
• Visual Design & Editing: Martin Kornmesser
• Animations: Martin Kornmesser & Greg Bacon (STScI)
• Web Technical Support: Lars Holm Nielsen, Raquel Yumi Shida
• Written by: Colleen Sharkey & Ivana Horvat
• Host: Dr. J (Joe Liske)
• Narration: Gaitee Hussain
• Cinematography: Peter Rixner
• Script: Lars Lindberg Christensen, Will Gater
• Music: movetwo & John Dyson from the CD Darklight
• STS-125 Footage: NASA
• Executive Producer: Lars Lindberg Christensen
• Directed by: Colleen Sharkey
• Acknowledgement: Ray Villard, Cheryl Gundy, Lisa Frattare, Zolt Levay and Donna Weaver
Dr. J is a German astronomer at the ESO. His scientific interests are in cosmology, particularly on galaxy evolution and quasars. Dr. J's real name is Joe Liske and he has a PhD in astronomy.
Hubble European Space Agency Information Centre
Lawrence Krauss gives a talk on our current picture of the universe, how it will end, and how it could have come from nothing. Krauss is the author of many bestselling books on Physics and Cosmology, including "The Physics of Star Trek."
Books by Lawrence Krauss:
Download Quicktime version
720p HD: http://c0116791.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/Krauss-AAI09-web-new.mov
The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science
Atheist Alliance International
Produced by the Richard Dawkins Foundation and R. Elisabeth Cornwell
Filmed & edited by Josh Timonen