Hubblecast 30: The Hubble Space Telescope - Rebirth of an icon.
Subscribe to Science & Reason:
After more than three months of calibration and testing, the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope is re-opening its rejuvenated eyes to begin probing the Universe once again. Dr. J reveals the stunning new images and the fascinating science behind them.
• ESA/Hubble (M. Kornmesser, Colleen Sharkey & Lars Lindberg Christensen)
• Visual Design & Editing: Martin Kornmesser
• Animations: Martin Kornmesser & Greg Bacon (STScI)
• Web Technical Support: Lars Holm Nielsen, Raquel Yumi Shida
• Written by: Colleen Sharkey & Ivana Horvat
• Host: Dr. J (Joe Liske)
• Narration: Gaitee Hussain
• Cinematography: Peter Rixner
• Script: Lars Lindberg Christensen, Will Gater
• Music: movetwo & John Dyson from the CD Darklight
• STS-125 Footage: NASA
• Executive Producer: Lars Lindberg Christensen
• Directed by: Colleen Sharkey
• Acknowledgement: Ray Villard, Cheryl Gundy, Lisa Frattare, Zolt Levay and Donna Weaver
Dr. J is a German astronomer at the ESO. His scientific interests are in cosmology, particularly on galaxy evolution and quasars. Dr. J's real name is Joe Liske and he has a PhD in astronomy.
Hubble European Space Agency Information Centre
Beautiful orrery(solar system model) avaiable in : http://www.orrerystore.com/orrery_sale1.html .Science & Reason on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/ScienceReasonHubblecast 22: Hubble Space Telescope Directly Observes Exoplanet Orbiting Fomalhaut.The NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope has discovered an extrasolar planet, for the first time using direct visible-light imaging. The strange world is far-flung from its parent star, is surrounded by a colossal belt of gas and dust, and may even have rings more impressive than Saturn's.---Subscribe to Science & Reason:• http://www.YouTube.com/Best0fScience• http://www.YouTube.com/ScienceMagazine• http://www.YouTube.com/ScienceTV• http://www.YouTube.com/FFreeThinker---Credit:- ESA/Hubble (M. Kornmesser & L. L. Christensen)- Visual design & Editing: Martin Kornmesser- Animations: Martin Kornmesser & Luis Calçada- Web Hosting: Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ)- Web Technical Support: Lars Holm Nielsen & Raquel Yumi Shida- Written by: Lee Pullen & Lars Lindberg Christensen- Host: Dr. J- Narration: Bob Fosbury- Cinematography: Peter Rixner- Music: movetwo- Footage and photos: A. Fujii, Digitized Sky Survey 2, NASA, ESA, and P. Kalas (University of California, Berkeley). Acknowledgment: Davide De Martin (ESA/Hubble)- Directed by: Lars Lindberg ChristensenDr. J is a German astronomer at the ESO. His scientific interests are in cosmology, particularly on galaxy evolution and quasars. Dr. J's real name is Joe Liske and he has a PhD in astronomy.Hubble European Space Agency Information CentreGarching/Munich, Germany• http://www.eso.org• http://www.spacetelescope.org• http://hubblesite.org.