Protesters terrorists in Bahrain Blocking The Most of the Roads 4/4/2012 Fact what is happening in Bahrain Revolution Bahrain 14feb Arab Spring Terrorists protesters in Bahrain Violence and riots in Bahrain by protesters Revolution Bahrain 14feb Hezbollah Bahraini feb14 Freedom Peaceful demonstrators in Bahrain Peaceful Army Bahrain Riots in Bahrain Protests Terrorists in Bahrain Bahrain Events Government of Bahrain Protesters in Bahrain Iran Arab spring Violence and riots Bahrain's revolution or terrorism A letter to the human rights organizations From Bahrain BBC CNN Obama FoxNews EU AP HRW
(Warning: RT's exclusive video contains graphic scenes of violence)
Last Friday, at least 50 people have been injured as security forces in Bahrain opened fire on protesters for a second straight day. Protesters who tried to march to the square on Friday described a chaotic scene of tear gas clouds, bullets coming from many directions and people slipping in pools of blood as they sought cover. Some claimed the gunfire came from either helicopters or sniper nests. The video shot by RT crew shows chanting protesters marching towards military vehicles before sustained gunfire erupts. Throngs of anti-government protesters took over the square earlier in the week, setting up a camp with tents and placards, but they were driven out by riot police in a deadly assault on Thursday that killed five people and injured more than 200.
A complex and sustained attack on the capital of Afghanistan by insurgents was fought back by coalition forces this week. ISAF spokesperson, General Jacobson and soldiers involved in the fight talk about the operation
Egypt's Mohamed ElBaradei has announced he is pulling out of the presidential race in protest against the regime of military rulers. The withdrawal of the political activist leaves Egyptians with almost no hope of change.
In his statement the Nobel Peace Prize laureate said that unless "there is a real democratic system" he will not run for any official position.
ElBaradei, who was a prominent opposition figure during the rule of President Hosni Mubarak and an active participant of the uprising that ousted him, stated that the military are governing the country "as if no revolution had taken place and no regime had fallen."
Wael Eskandar, an Egyptian journalist and blogger, thinks that by pulling out of the race ElBaradei "hopes to bring light to the fact that nothing has changed in the regime."
"His stance to not to run for the presidency is an extension of his stance during the Mubarak rule, when he refused to be a presidential candidate in light of the corruption. So what he actually means by withdrawing his candidacy is to send the message out that the regime has still not fallen... that the regime is extremely corrupt."
Eskandar also thinks that although many saw ElBaradei as a one of the front-running liberal candidates, his victory in the elections was unlikely.
"He didn't have much of a chance under the current regime, because it was still the same chance he had during the Mubarak regime," the journalist said.
"The military want to maintain control over every aspect of Egypt`s political life and they will not gamble with someone like ElBaradei," he explained. "They will look for another presidential candidate that will be more willing to turn a blind eye to their crimes and their violations and to the way they have been ruling the country so far."
ElBaradei's withdrawal, Eskandar thinks, poses a problem for many liberals in the country, because he was "a top choice for a lot of liberals."
"It also really casts a lot of doubt on the legitimacy of the next presidential elections," he added.
However, stepping off the presidential race does not mean that ElBaradei will leave the political stage, Eskandar asserts, saying that he will remain a strong oppositional figure, having accused the military of sabotaging the transitional process.
On 4 April 2004 Michael Schumacher's Ferrari received the chequered flag to win the Bahrain Grand Prix, the first FIA Formula One World Championship event held in the Middle East.
This symbolic act marked the end of an amazing 16 months — and the beginning of a brilliant future — for Bahrain International Circuit (BIC).
The track was conceived as an integral part of His Highness the Crown Prince Shaikh Salman bin Hamad's objective of increasing the awareness and profile of the Kingdom.
Designed by Hermann Tilke, the German architect responsible for new GP venues in Malaysia, China, Turkey and Valencia, BIC was scheduled for a two-year build.
But then Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone asked if that schedule could be brought forward — by six months. Without a moments hesitation we agreed.
"There was a flood of press speculation that the track would not be ready for its inaugural Grand Prix," says Martin Whitaker, BIC's CEO since August 2004. "But under the guidance of Shaikhs Mohammed bin Isa and Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa it was more than ready.
"It was a period of intense excitement and hard work. The drive to have the circuit finished on time coursed through the veins of everyone connected with it: pride, passion and, ultimately, huge satisfaction in a job well done."
The first piece of ground was broken in December 2002. The 'keys' to the circuit were handed over to His Majesty King Shaikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa on 17 March 2004.
In just 16 months, and at a cost of US$150 million, a world-class motorsport facility had risen out of the desert 30km south of Bahrain's capital city, Manama. And BIC's reputation has grown ever since. Its annual Grand Prix is renowned as one of the most friendly, atmospheric and exciting of the season.
And its success — based on the sound foundation of BIC's friendly and professional staff — has brought other international race series flooding in: international Formula 3, GP2, GP2 Asia, the FIA GT Championship and the BMW World Final have all raced at BIC — and its annual Desert 400 is the only round of the V8 Supercar series held outside Australasia.
BIC has also encouraged local motorsport: its drag strip has given new focus to what has long been a popular sport in the Middle East; its Kart Zone will help unearth young local talent; and its on-site technicians provide vital racing expertise.
Off track, its 4x4 desert obstacle course is home to only the world's second Hummer Academy and BIC stages events — competitive and corporate — almost every day of the year.
It's as busy now as it was when it was being built.
A U.S. soldier killed 16 Afghan civilians on Sunday, including three women and nine children, in an unprovoked attack in southern Kandahar province, Afghan officials said.
Five more people also were wounded in the shooting at Belandi-Pul village of the Panjway district when the soldier entered homes and opened fire, according to a statement from President Hamid Karzai's office.
"This intentional killing and terror is an unforgivable act," said Karzai, who has sent two high-level delegations to investigate.
The attack threatens to further worsen relations between ISAF and Afghans, already badly strained by the recent burning of Korans and other religious material by U.S. military personnel. That incident, at the U.S.-run Bagram airbase, north of Kabul, sparked a series of demonstrations and attacks on bases belonging to the U.S. coalition that left at least 30 Afghans killed and 100 injured.
The White House issued a written statement from President Barack Obama. It read:
"I am deeply saddened by the reported killing and wounding of Afghan civilians. I offer my condolences ... This incident is tragic and shocking, and does not represent the exceptional character of our military and the respect that the United States has for the people of Afghanistan. I fully support Secretary Panetta's and General Allen's commitment to get the facts as quickly as possible and to hold accountable anyone responsible."
Initial accounts said the U.S. soldier left his base at 3 a.m. and walked to nearby homes where he opened fire. There were widely varying claims about the number of dead and wounded.
"Seven are believed to have been killed and eight wounded," said Javed Faisal, a spokesman for the Kandahar governor earlier today. "The number of dead could rise."
In a statement, a Taliban spokesman put the number killed at 50.
A spokesman for the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), the U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan, confirmed that the shooting had taken place, but said he could not confirm the number of dead or wounded.
"A United States service member was detained today in connection with an incident that resulted in Afghan casualties in Kandahar province," said Major Jason Waggoner, an ISAF spokesman. "There were multiple civilians wounded, but I don't have a specific number. All the wounded have been taken to coalition medical facilities and are currently being treated."
Source: The Miami Herald
An American soldier was arrested in southern Afghanistan after walking off his base and opening fire indiscriminately on civilians today, killing 16 people.Among the victims were nine children, killed when the shooter went from house to house at 3am local time.
Eleven of the victims were killed in one home, four were killed in a second home and one other person was killed in a third home, Sky News reported, citing unnamed sources. Five people were wounded in two other houses.
AMERİKAN ASKERİ AFGANİSTANDA 16 SİVİLİ ÖLDÜRDÜ
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/us-service-member-kills-at-least-10-afghans-in-shooting-rampage/story-e6frfkyi-1226296468999#ixzz1oqOqzvVf